So long as you have either a YouTube Music Premium or YouTube Premium subscription, you can play your entire YouTube Music library through the Sonos Controller app. You also have access to YouTube Music’s “recommended” listening suggestions, new releases, YouTube Charts, and the “Your Mixtape” personalized playlist.
Here are the full instructions to add YouTube Music to the Sonos Controller app:
- Open the Sonos Controller app.
- Tap More from the menu on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Music Services.
- Select YouTube Music > Add to Sonos.
- Tap I’m already a member.
- Tap Authorize and paste the code presented on the previous screen.
- Tap Next and sign in to or select your YouTube Music account.
- Return to the Sonos app.
- Enter an account and then click Done.
You’ll have to go back to the YouTube Music app if you want to search for songs and videos, however. The announcement post doesn’t mention the ability to use the standard YouTube Music app with Sonos speakers, so keep that in mind.
Also keep in mind that you can use YouTube Music with your Sonos speaker if you have a Google Play Music subscription. YouTube Music is free to use, but you’ll need some sort of premium subscription to use it with your Sonos speaker.
On a related note, Sonos speakers already work with Google Play Music if you don’t like YouTube Music.
January 30, 2019 at 02:58PM