After years of waiting, YouTube TV is now available nationwide!
YouTube TV is Google’s attempt at tackling the Internet-based live TV streaming market, and it’s changed a lot since it first debuted back in April 2017. YouTube TV used to only be available in select markets across the U.S., but that’s now changed.
Here’s what you need to know!
What countries can access YouTube TV?
For the time being, only users in the U.S. will be able to take advantage of YouTube TV. It’s unclear if Google will ever expand YouTube TV to other countries, but right now, it’s a U.S.-only thing.
What are the currently covered areas for YouTube TV?
When YouTube TV first launched, you could only sign up for it in certain parts of the country. Google’s been expanding YouTube TV to more and more markets over the years, and as of January 23, 2019, YouTube TV officially went nationwide.
Google says that over 98% of households across the United States can now sign up and use YouTube TV. If you happen to live in a market that’s part of the remaining ~2%, YouTube TV will expand there shortly.
YouTubeTV offers both national and local channels, meaning you can catch up on your local news and sports in addition to the biggest shows on the biggest networks.
Do you still have questions about whether you can watch YouTube TV? Let us know about it in the comments below!
January 23, 2019 at 10:09AM