Wakanda forever. And some other stuff.
Look, you don’t have to be the world’s biggest MCU fan. You don’t have to care about Avengers or super heros or any of that stuff. But Black Panther is worth watching, and it’s worth watching several times. And that’s why we’re stoked that it’s coming to Netflix on Sept. 4.
And there are, of course, a bunch of Netflix Originals on the way. Atypical hits season 2, as does Iron Fist. (OK, OK, it’s another MCU thing.) And the trailer for Maniac is, well, insane. (And how good is Justin Theroux in just about everything?)
Put it this way: It’s going to be one hell of a month. Here’s what’s coming up.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 1
- 10,000 B.C.
- Another Cinderella Story
- August Rush
- Bruce Almighty
- Fair Game
- Groundhog Day
- King Kong
- La Catedral del Mar (Netflix Original): In 14th-century Barcelona, a serf’s determined climb to wealth and freedom incurs the disdain of the noble class and the suspicion of the Inquisition.
- Martian Child
- Monkey Twins (Netflix Original): Inspired by Khon dance drama and Thai martial arts, a fighter scarred by the past joins forces with a determined cop to battle an organized crime ring.
- Mr. Sunshine (Netflix Original): A young boy who ends up in the U.S. after the 1871 Shinmiyangyo incident returns to Korea at a historical turning point and falls for a noblewoman.
- Nacho Libre
- Pearl Harbor
- Sisters (Netflix Original): Her dad’s deathbed confession leads Julia to discover she has more than 100 brothers and two sisters: troubled TV star Roxy and uptight lawyer Edie.
- Spider-Man 3
- Summer Catch
- Sydney White
- The Ant Bully
- The Breakfast Club
- The Cider House Rules
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- The Keeping Hours
- The River Wild
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
- Two Weeks Notice
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 2
- Disney’s Lilo & Stitch
- Disney’s The Emperor’s New Groove
- Quantico: Season 3
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 3
- A Taiwanese Tale of Two Cities (Netflix Original): Two brainy beauty queens — same heritage, on separate coasts — and one fateful decision that soon links their paths.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 4
- Marvel Studios’ Black Panther
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 5
- Van Helsing: Season 2
- Wentworth: Season 6
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 6
- Once Upon a Time: Season 7
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 7
- Atypical: Season 2 (Netflix Original): While Elsa and Doug face the aftermath of their marriage crisis and Casey tries to adjust to her new school, Sam prepares for life after graduation.
- Cable Girls: Season 3 (Netflix Original): After a tragedy, Lidia fights passionately for her family, Carlota finds her voice, Ángeles goes undercover and Marga reveals a talent for accounting.
- City of Joy (Netflix Original): Women who’ve been sexually brutalized in war-torn Congo begin to heal at City of Joy, a center that helps them regain a sense of self and empowerment.
- First and Last (Netflix Original): Filmmakers go inside Georgia’s Gwinnett County Jail to capture two days that define an inmate’s experience: the first and last.
- Marvel’s Iron Fist: Season 2 (Netflix Original): With the defeat of the Hand, Chinatown is left vulnerable to turf wars, and Danny must protect the streets of New York.
- Next Gen (Netflix Original): A friendship with a top-secret robot turns a lonely girl’s life into a thrilling adventure as they take on bullies, evil bots and a scheming madman.
- Sierra Burgess Is A Loser (Netflix Film): Smart high school girl Sierra teams up with a more popular girl hoping to win over her crush. Starring Shannon Purser (Barb on "Stranger Things").
- Stretch Armstrong & the Flex Fighters: Season 2 (Netflix Original): Wrongly accused for the attack on Rook Tower, the Flex Fighters must protect their city as wanted men. Will Charter City ever trust them again?
- The Most Assassinated Woman in the World (Netflix Film): In 1930s Paris, an actress famous for her gory death scenes at the Grand Guignol Theater contends with a mysterious stalker and ghosts from her past.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 10
- Call the Midwife: Series 7
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 11
- Daniel Sloss: Live Shows (Netflix Original): The dark mind of Daniel Sloss is back, and he’s ready to find the funny in some very taboo topics, from the deeply personal to the highly irreverent.
- The Resistance Banker (Netflix Film): Risking his family and future, a banker in occupied Amsterdam slows the Nazi war machine by creating an underground bank to fund the resistance.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 12
- Blacklist: Season 5
- Life (Netflix Original): At Korea’s top university medical center, ideals and interests collide between a patient-centered ER doctor and the hospital’s newly-appointed CEO.
- On My Skin (Netflix Film): Arrested for a drug-related offense, Stefano Cucchi suffers at the hands of Italy’s Carabinieri police and a broken legal system. Based on true events.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 14
- American Vandal: Season 2 (Netflix Original): In the wake of the first documentary’s success, Peter and Sam seek a new case and settle on a stomach-churning mystery at a Washington high school.
- Bleach (Netflix Film): When high schooler Ichigo is suddenly given reaper abilities, he really wants to give the powers back. But he’ll have to reap some souls first.
- Boca Juniors Confidential (Netflix Original): This docuseries profiles Argentine soccer power Boca Juniors, highlighting the relationships between coaches and players as they contend for trophies.
- BoJack Horseman: Season 5 (Netflix Original): BoJack’s back on screen as the star of "Philbert," a new detective series produced by Princess Carolyn. But his demons are out in full force.
- Car Masters: Rust to Riches (Netflix Original): The colorful crew at Gotham Garage overhauls an eclectic collection of cars, trading their way up to a showstopper they can sell for big bucks.
Ingobernable: Season 2 (Netflix Original): Emilia takes on the leader of a drug trafficking empire in her fight to reunite her family and reduce corruption in her country.
- LAST HOPE (Netflix Original): After causing the near extinction of mankind seven years ago, genius scientist Leon Lau must now fight the ecological disaster he unwittingly created.
Norm Macdonald has a Show (Netflix Original): Comedian Norm Macdonald hosts this talk show with celebrity guests, unexpected conversation and a behind-the-scenes view into Norm’s world.
- Super Monsters Monster Party: Songs (Netflix Original): Sing along and move to this groovy collection of music videos featuring monster friends Katya, Lobo, Zoe, Drac, Cleo and Frankie!
- The Angel (Netflix Film): While operating at the highest levels of Egypt’s government, Ashraf Marwan walks a dangerously thin line as a spy for Israel. Based on a true story.
- The Dragon Prince (Netflix Original): Two human princes forge an unlikely bond with the elven assassin sent to kill them, embarking on an epic quest to bring peace to their warring lands.
- The Land of Steady Habits (Netflix Film): After leaving his wife and his job to find happiness, Anders begins a clumsy, heartbreaking quest to reassemble the pieces of his fractured life.
- The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes: Season 2 Part A (Netflix Original): Piers and Caroline head to Portugal, Switzerland, Japan and the United States to tour more one-of-a-kind homes with extraordinary architecture.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 15
- Inside The Freemasons: Season 1
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 16
- Role Models
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 17
- The Witch
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 18
- American Horror Story: Cult
D.L. Hughley: Contrarian (Netflix Original): Comedian D.L. Hughley riffs on politics, "Black Panther," his upbringing and more in a rapid-fire stand-up show at Philadelphia’s Merriam Theater.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 21
- Battlefish (Netflix Original): Over the course of the fishing season, a group of fishing boats pursues the lucrative albacore tuna in the competitive waters off the Oregon coast.
- DRAGON PILOT: Hisone & Masotan (Netflix Original): Recently stationed Air Self-Defense Force rookie Hisone Amakasu is chosen by a dragon concealed within Gifu Air Base to be his pilot.
- Hilda (Netflix Original): Join Hilda as she travels from a wilderness full of elves and giants to Trolberg, a bustling city packed with new friends and mysterious creatures.
- Maniac: Limited Series (Netflix Original): Two strangers find themselves caught up in a mind-bending pharmaceutical trial gone awry. Starring Emma Stone and Jonah Hill.
- Nappily Ever After (Netflix Film): Violet has it all: the perfect job, the perfect relationship and the perfect hair. Until she doesn’t. What happens when being perfect isn’t enough?
- Quincy (Netflix Original): The life and career of legendary music producer Quincy Jones are traced in this biographical documentary directed by his daughter, Rashida Jones.
- The Good Cop (Netflix Original): Honest cop Tony Jr. gets advice from his unscrupulous father, retired NYPD officer Tony Sr., about everything from his job to his love life.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 23
- The Walking Dead: Season 8
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 25
- Disney’s A Wrinkle in Time
- Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 26
- Norsemen: Season 2 (Netflix Original): The sea road to the west has been found, but Norheim’s villagers must still cope with power struggles and the ever-present threat of Jarl Varg.
- The Hurricane Heist
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 28
- Chef’s Table: Volume 5 (Netflix Original): This season, meet four innovative chefs who are shaking up the food culture in Philadelphia, Istanbul, Bangkok and Barcelona.
- El Marginal: Season 2 (Netflix Original): Set three years before the first season, this award-winning Argentine series explores the backstory of criminals and cops operating in the shadows of San Onofre.
- Forest of Piano (Netflix Original): Kai grows up playing an old piano discarded in the woods; Shuhei’s father is a famous pianist. Their chance meeting transforms their lives and music.
- Hold the Dark (Netflix Film): Summoned to a remote Alaskan village to search for wolves that took a local boy, a naturalist soon finds himself caught in a harrowing mystery.
- Jack Whitehall: Travels with My Father: Season 2 (Netflix Original): This season, Jack and his not-so-adventurous dad, Michael, tackle Europe, including the Bavarian Alps, Istanbul, Budapest, Romania, Moldova and Ukraine.
- Lessons From A School Shooting: Notes from Dunblane (Netflix Original): Devastated by the school shooting in his town, a priest from Sandy Hook, Connecticut, bonds with a Scottish priest who experienced a similar tragedy.
- Lost Song (Netflix Original): War looms over the kingdom of Neunatia, where two young women are both burdened and blessed by the power of song.
- Made in Mexico (Netflix Original): Get to know the opulent lifestyles and infamous dynasties of Mexico City’s socialites and the expats vying for a spot in their exclusive social order.
- Reboot: The Guardian Code: Season 2 (Netflix Original): With Megabyte, Hexadecimal and the evil Sourcerer still at large, the rebooted Guardians face a new season of threats — both at home and online.
- Skylanders Academy: Season 3 (Netflix Original): Season 3 finds Spyro and the Skylanders forging unexpected alliances, taking on new adventures and even straddling the line between good and evil.
- The 3rd Eye (Netflix Original): After the death of their parents, two sisters move back to their childhood home, where one sibling claims to be able to see a dark presence.
- Two Catalonias (Netflix Film): Lawmakers and activists with conflicting ideologies speak about the complexities of Catalonia’s politics and the fight for its independence from Spain.
Coming to Netflix on Sept. 30
- Big Miracle
What’s leaving Netflix in September
- 13 Going on 30 (Sept. 1)
- A Royal Night Out (Sept. 1)
- Batman Begins (Sept. 1)
- Casino (Sept. 1)
- Dead Poets Society (Sept. 1)
- Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (Sept. 1)
- Exporting Raymond (Sept. 1)
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (Sept. 1)
- Ghostbusters (Sept. 1)
- Hachi: A Dog’s Tale (Sept. 1)
- Hotel for Dogs (Sept. 1)
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (Sept. 1)
- It Might Get Loud (Sept. 1)
- Joyful Noise (Sept. 1)
- Just Friends (Sept. 1)
- Lockup: County Jails: Collection 1 (Sept. 1)
- Man on Wire (Sept. 1)
- Stuart Little 3: Call of the Wild (Sept. 1)
- The Assets (Sept. 1)
- The Bucket List (Sept. 1)
- The Dark Knight (Sept. 1)
- The Descent (Sept. 1)
- The Descent: Part 2 (Sept. 1)
- Outsourced (Sept. 2)
- Waffle Street (Sept. 2)
- Rules of Engagement: Seasons 1 – 7 (Sept. 11)
- Disney’s Pete’s Dragon (Sept. 14)
- A Star Is Born (Sept. 15)
- Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead (Sept. 15)
- Bordertown (Sept. 15)
- Are You Here (Sept. 16)
- Jackass 3.5: The Unrated Movie (Sept. 16)
- Moonrise Kingdom (Sept. 16)
- Iris (Sept. 24)
- The Imitation Game (Sept. 28)
September 3, 2018 at 06:16AM