It’s Weekly Plan Spotlight time, but this week it’s more about the hardware. Cricket have dangled a Samsung Galaxy S8 on the end of a fishing rod and slathered it with delicious savings.
Cricket wants you. They want you to want them too, and here’s what they’re prepared to offer. If you’re a new customer and you sign up for one of their qualifying plans, you can get a Samsung Galaxy S8 for just $349. For anyone already on the cricket bandwagon, they’d be forking out $699 to upgrade, hence the 50% saving.
Yes Please! Where do I sign?!
Easy tiger, there’s a few T’s and C’s that go with the deal. Here’s the fineprint:
- The offer does not include sales tax which will be charged on full price of the device
- The offer is available until 3/29 and is only for new customers who transfer number. AT&T port-in excluded
- You must sign up for a qualifying plan that costs at least $30/month
- You need to be on Cricket service for six months after phone activation
With Cricket you’re on the AT&T network so coverage should be more than adequate. Also worth noting that all the taxes, surcharges and fees associated with the plans are included, so if you’re cool with the terms above then you’re good to go.
Any other sweeteners?
Well since you ask, if you’re switching to Cricket from anywhere other than AT&T themselves, you can get 1 line of Cricket Unlimited 2 plan for $40. It’s usually $55, but there’s $15 savings in bill credit and auto-pay credit to be had. Stick that in your pipe.
Here’s the lowdown on the Unlimited 2 plan:
- Unlimited talk, text to/from US, Canada and Mexico
- Unlimited data with max data speeds of 3Mbps running on AT&T’s network (users of more than 22GB in a month may notice temporary reduction in speeds during times of high network traffic)
- Video streaming at SD quality (480p)
This offer ends 4/12/18, but if it’s the fat saving on the Galaxy S8 which has got you rubbing your thighs then you’ll probably be all signed up by then.
That phone though…
well…quite. If you’re after a fancy device and you don’t mind changing provider, you could do a lot worse.
Hit the button below to locate this lovely promotion, or have a go on the widget below that to your hearts content.
The AAPicks team writes about things we think you’ll like, and we may see a share of revenue from any purchases made through affiliate links.
Compare Phones and Plans with the Android Authority Plan Tool:
February 27, 2018 at 11:33AM