ROK is a piggybacking network that gained renown for offering the world’s most inexpensive, non-promotional Unlimited Text, Talk, and Data plans. This week they’re undercutting even that by offering new customers a rare promotional opportunity: in honor of Black Friday, you get your first 3 months for $99. That’s $33 per month instead of $50.
This is actually fairly unusual for ROK. The company has built its name by avoiding the kind of “new customers” or promotional offers that other carriers frequently deploy. However, it’s looking like they’re ready to step out of the shadows and start making their savings known to the world at large. If you’re tired of your current carrier, this week might be a good time to check out ROK.
Enough with the blabber. Where’s the fine print?
Here’s the deal summed up in ROK’s words:
- Deal is available for a limited time for new customers
- You can bring an unlocked phone which runs on CDMA and is 4G compatible. Check eligibility on carrier website.
- After the promotional 3-month service period, plans will move to standard monthly service and pricing
- Service must be activated on or before 1/15/18
Okay that’s nice and all, but is their unlimited plan any good?
Decide for yourself! The ROK Mobile Unlimited Data Plan features the following:
- Unlimited talk & text & high speed LTE data, speeds may temporarily slow down at 20GB during times of high network traffic: this soft speed limit known as data deprioritization
- Video streaming in SD (standard def) 480p with the option of turning ‘data stretcher’ feature off for higher streaming speeds
- Access to 30 million WiFi hotspots via MyROK App
- this is not tethering (the ability to share your cellular data with other devices, laptops and tablets) but the option to use more WiFi access points. ROK does not offer tethering aka mobile hotspots
- ROK Rewards, save on local deals (in store and online shops, restaurants, …).
- No contracts or credit checks required
- Roadside assistance
Ready to make the swap to ROK and get all the service you expect from Verizon for a fraction of the price? Use the widget below to get started!
The AAPicks team writes about things we think you’ll like, and we may see a share of revenue from any purchases made through affiliate links.
Compare Phones and Plans with the Android Authority Plan Tool:
November 22, 2017 at 07:07AM