As there can’t be constant advances in technology, we occasionally have years that are just kind of boring. That is exactly what 2018 was. 2019 is the year that we could actually see a lot of advances and growth in the Android market.
So with all of that in mind, we asked you what phone you’re most excited to see announced in 2019. Here is what you had to say.
What phone are you most looking forward to in 2019?
Sliding in just ahead of the OnePlus 7 / 7T, the Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL took the crown with 18.8 percent of the votes. While the search giant’s flagships have always been a safe but boring option, it offers the best in camera performance, Android updates, and more.
After a lackluster launch of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL, we can only hope that Google doesn’t drop the ball with its 2019 handsets.
As mentioned, the OnePlus 7 / 7T came in second with 18.1 percent of the reader’s votes. As the Chinese company has been producing some of the best smartphones for the price, this result isn’t all that surprising. With OnePlus’ push into the U.S. market and desire to be at the forefront of 5G, it could easily be one of the most popular brands in 2019.
And coming in third, we have the Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. As the South Korean company’s two flagships are the world’s most popular Android handsets, this isn’t surprising. While the Galaxy line hasn’t seen many changes over the last several years, we could see some changes with Samsung rumored to be using an Infinity-O display with the S10 handsets.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I guess I’m not surprised the Pixel has the most. It’s such a boring phone though . Let me guess, it’ll look pretty much the same? I hate that I think this way as I was a huge Nexus fan and want to be excited about the Pixel, but that ridiculous price tag!
- The Android One program is very promising and Xiaomi didn’t disappoint with it’s Mi A2. Let’s see what’s coming up.
- The Xiaomi Mi A3. All the goodness of a ‘flagship killer’ without the ridiculous gimmicks for half the price.
- Waiting for the Moto z4 (hoping for a force variant) or the Nokia 9 pureview.
- IDK why, but Honor V20. Man this thing is sexy
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.
January 5, 2019 at 02:40PM