One lucky fan will get to play in the championship!
What you need to know
- The 2019 Pokémon World Championships are being held from August 15 to August 18, 2019.
- For the first time ever, there will be a Pokémon GO Invitational Tournament.
- One fan who registers will get to compete in this special new tournament.
- Anyone who wants to register needs to do so by July 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. PDT.
The 2019 Pokémon World Championships are coming up soon and with them is a special new event: for the first time ever, the Pokémon GO Invitational Tournament! This tournament will broadcast Trainer Battles on the main stage after the opening ceremony, which will be streamed on Twitch and YouTube.
That’s not all though: any U.S. fan who is currently registered as spectator for the event has a chance of being selected to compete in the championship!
Here are the basic rules for the lucky fan who is chosen:
- Players will compete in a double-elimination tournament
- Each match will be best-of-five
- Battles will take place in the Great League with some additional restrictions
- Competitors must select a team of six Pokémon they’ll choose between for the entire tournament
- None of the six Pokémon may be of the same species
You can check here for details on registration, other rules and everything else you’d need to know. If you’re interested, make sure you register by July 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. PDT, as that is the cutoff period.
Even if you aren’t selected, there’ll be plenty to do. Fans attending will be able to try out the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games, as well as Pokémon Masters, which is a new upcoming Pokémon mobile title.
July 29, 2019 at 09:25AM