Welcome to our PUBG Mobile update tracker! We’ll be collating all of the official PUBG update notes and breaking down all the new features added to the hit battle royale game for Android and iOS phones and tablets.
If you’re a fan of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile (and chowing down on chicken dinners), be sure to bookmark this page to stay up-to-date with all of the map updates, weapon and armor balance changes and additions, new modes, and much more.
Winner Winner! Check out the rest of our PUBG Mobile content:
- PUBG Mobile Review — does it live up to the original’s legacy?
- PUBG Mobile tips and tricks: How to survive and win a battle royale
- PUBG vs PUBG mobile: the ten biggest differences
- PUBG Mobile: How to change your name and appearance
- Fortnite vs PUBG: Ten mobile differences between the two biggest battle royales
- Tencent Gaming Buddy: The best way to play PUBG Mobile on PC
PUBG update: The latest
PUBG Mobile version 0.7.0 update overview
Release date: July 25, 2018
The latest PUBG update brings a new Arcade Mode called War to PUBG Mobile, which is Battlegrounds’ take on the classic deathmatch PvP format. In the mode, players have multiple lives and work together in teams to down and kill opponents and become the first team to reach 100 points.
A new clan system has also been added where players can craft custom icons to represent their troop and work towards collaborative goals to earn exclusive rewards. Elsewhere, the patch also brings an overall new achievement system, region categorization, new skins, and the SLR Sniper Rifle which many battle royale fans will know from the PC version of PUBG.
PUBG Mobile version 0.7.0 update patch notes
Arcade Mode – War
- A new, faster-paced variation of Arcade mode.
- Added the SLR Sniper Rifle.
- Added Light Foregrip, Half Foregrip, Thumb Foregrip.
- Parameters for Vertical Foregrip and Angled Foregrip have been adjusted.
- Added many entertaining and challenging long-term objectives. Complete difficult objectives to get titles and outfits.
- Added titles to the game. Players can select one to display by their name.
- Players can now create or join Clans, which unlocks Clan insignia, missions, and the Clan Shop.
- Check out the regional rankings to see who’s the best.
First Person Perspective
- Now supported in custom rooms.
- Added a team channel for finding teams.
- Added a community system where players can find topics that interest them by tags.
- Players can now give one another LIKEs after a match. Number of LIKEs received will be displayed on a player’s profile page.
- Characters now have different poses on the results screen based on performance.
- Added new idling animation for female characters.
Main Menu UI Redesign
- Main UI redesigned for players to enter different modes quicker.
Shop UI Redesign
- Simplified shop UI.
Multiple Crate Purchases and Batch Dismantle
- All crates can now be purchased 10 at a time.
- Extra items in inventory can now be dismantled in batch.
- Crates can now be opened by coupons, which are created by combining coupon scraps.
- Added new vehicles, helmets, backpack finishes and new character faces.
- Messages can now be marked as read instantly.
- Players can see friends recommended by the system.
- Added more ways to share.
- Room owners now have access to more room parameters.
- Friends list has been improved to fix an issue where data errors occurred when having too many friends.
- Added weapon information to spectator mode.
- Added an instant refuel button so that vehicles low on fuel can be refueled instantly.
- Custom controls: sprint button, pick-up list.
PUBG Mobile update history
PUBG Mobile version 0.6.0 update overview
Release date: June 19, 2018
PUBG Mobile 0.6.0 update adds a Fortnite-inspired “Royale Pass” progression system. The basic Royale Pass is free for everyone, with two options for “Elite Upgrades” that cost real money.
Both Elite Upgrades give players access to the same unlockable rewards and additional weekly missions, with the plus version instantly unlocking the first 20 of 70 levels. Each level unlocks new cosmetics, items, and so on.
The update also adds emotes, first-person perspective (FPP), a Mini-Zone mode, an Armory, and much more. You can read more about the 0.6.0 update here.
PUBG Mobile version 0.6.0 update patch notes
- A brand new feature!
- Season 1 of Royale Pass starts in mid-June. It will be available for purchase for all players.
- Complete daily and weekly missions to earn points and increase your rank. Complete a certain number of missions every week for additional crates.
- Reach a new Royale Pass rank to unlock its rewards. Players with a busy schedule have the option to purchase ranks directly to unlock rewards.
- An elite version of the Royale Pass is also available. Purchasing the Elite Royale Pass unlocks elite missions to earn more points and collect additional rewards for each rank.
1st Person Perspective
- Added 1st person perspective variation to Classic Mode.
- First person perspective has its own tier system.
- 100 players, smaller map, 3 times the resources and air drops!
- Added weapon finishes to the game.
- New finishes can be obtained in the game and applied to your weapons.
- Added airplane finishes to the game.
- The player with the highest Royale Pass rank in a match can change the plane’s finish before parachuting.
- Added an Armory where you can view all the weapons in the game, and add attachments to see how effective they are.
- Pistols now get their own slot on the match UI and in the backpack.
- Melee weapons can now destroy tires on vehicles.
- Players can now mute individual teammates.
- Improved voice chat system during matches.
- Added a new post-match results screen.
- Added a tier protection system to protect players from being demoted.
- Added Asian characters.
- Added character profiles.
- Added simple emotes so players can interact with one another. More emotes are available via the Royale Pass.
Social Network Link
- Players can now link to one additional social network, for a total of 2.
- Added room cards, which can be used to start rooms. They are available via Royale Pass.
- Added parachutes, weapon finishes, avatars, avatar frames and other new items.
- Items can be gifted to friends.
- Added career results screen.
- Added a character customization page, accessible from the profile screen.
- Added different sound effects for the winner and runner-up at the end of the match.
- Added a reminder tone for the last 5 seconds before boarding.
- Added a marking feature for quick chat. Players can now mark loot locations or dangerous spots.
- UI and sensitivity information is now saved locally.
- Added a Shop for trading Silver Fragments for Outfits.
- Added background noises for some zones, such as the sound of waves crashing when you’re near the shore.
- Added more customizable buttons.
- Added Miramar to Arcade Mode.
- Vehicles no longer deal damage to teammates.
- Improved throwing animation, grenade explosion, and smoke grenade effects.
- Fixed 8x scope and vehicle camera bugs in Spectator Mode.
- Fixed choppy voice chat bugs and Bluetooth headset disconnect bugs.
- Improved UI and vehicle sound effects.
- Improved sound mixing when firing indoors.
PUBG Mobile version 0.5.0 update overview
Release date: May 17, 2018
Update 0.5.0 brings the desert map Miramar to the mobile version of PUBG, as well as new progress and weekly activity missions, a quick team feature, a shop, and various key performance and graphical improvements.
PUBG Mobile version 0.5.0 update patch notes
- Desert map (“Miramar”) is now available for selection. See if you can find the new vehicles and weapons!
- New Progress Mission: collect progress rewards when you reach new levels, then take on new missions.
- Added weekly Activity missions: earn rewards based on your Activity.
- Added local quick team feature: enter a 6-digit code to team up with friends that are next to you.
- Added Synergy and Connections: interact with your friends in-game to raise Synergy, then build Connections when your Synergy is high enough.
- Added Regions: now you can choose your region and flag.
- Added language-specific chat channels: there is now an additional channel based on the language of your choice.
- Added more avatars.
- Now you can collect rewards for every new tier reached in Season 2.
- Added a Shop, where you can preview and purchase new outfits and items.
- Added a Secret Stash, where you can purchase special discounted items.
- Spectator mode smoothness improved.
- Striking sounds and effects added to melee combat.
- Parachute camera smoothness improved.
- Initial parachute speed increased to match the PC version.
- Improved climbing check during running.
- Picture styles now available on all devices.
- Added sound effects for breaking doors.
- Improved display of personal information and results.
- Improved team invitation flow.
PUBG Mobile version 0.4.0 update overview
Release date: April 19, 2018
The first major update to PUBG Mobile adds an Arcade Mode, which lowers the number of players on the map from 100 to 28. Unlike regular PUBG Mobile matches, Arcade Mode picks one of six variations for players to use for the entire match: shotguns, sniper rifles, all weapons, melee, pistols, and item heaven.
The update also introduces Training Grounds, another new mode that lets you try out all of the game’s weapons and vehicles. Unless you leave early, you get 30 minutes in Training Grounds and are joined by several other players. You can read more about the 0.4.0 update here.
PUBG Mobile version 0.4.0 update patch notes
- A new mode with 28 players and one of the six following variations: Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, All Weapons, Melee Only, Pistols and Item Heaven.
- Try out all the weapons and practice your shooting skills.
- Added Follow function (both before parachuting and after landing).
- Added automatic door opening, can be enabled in Settings.
- Pause between picking up multiple items automatically has been adjusted.
- Added a performance chart to the Results screen.
- Added a new background: Dusk
- Now you can swap between 2-column view and 3-column view when viewing contents of a Crate.
- Icon for teammate elimination disappears after a while.
- Adjusted sound effects for footsteps, UI, vehicle and entering/exiting Blue Zone.
- Fixed crashing issues mentioned by some players.
- Improved Bluetooth headset issues in iOS (not yet fully fixed).
- Fixed an issue where Android does not show an error when the game does not have access to the microphone.
- Now supports more devices.
- Jumping is no longer affected by sprinting.
- Crosshair is no longer blocked by the camera when next to a wall.
- Leaning: movement speed increased, added “Lean & Open Scope” and “Lean & Fire”.
- 4x and 8x scope choppy issue resolved.
- Added 3D Touch firing options to iOS.
- Added animations for being attacked and defeated.
- Perspective now switches to the killer after being killed.
- Results screen now shows daily reward limits.
- Improved firing animations.
Enhanced combat experience
- Shake/vibration improved.
- Button feedback improved.
- Leaning animation speed increased.
- Animations of being attacked have been improved and randomized.
- Added flipping tricks for motorcycles.
- Added Nitrous Oxide engines to cars.
- Previously used vehicles are now marked on the mini-map.
- Added Rename Card (grants 1 name change).
- Added Rank 1 token coupons.
- Items and chests now available in the Shop.
- Added new outfits. Region-specific costumes coming soon.
- Destroy additional outfits to reclaim currency and allow for purchasing new outfits.
- Fixed an issue where voice chat stops working after creating groups.
What would you like to see in future updates to PUBG Mobile? Let us know in the comments.
July 25, 2018 at 07:36AM