The extended user manual for all things PlayStation 4
Some of us have been PlayStation fans from day one, but this most recent generation of Sony’s infamous game console has really turned heads. The PlayStation 4 is not only a capable competitor in the market, the list of incredible games available for it is unrivaled. But there’s a whole lot more you can do with this console if you know where to look, and like all gadgets sometimes things go wrong and you need to troubleshoot a problem. So whether you’ve just bought your first PlayStation 4, or you just need a little help getting started, we’re here for you. In this article, we are going to document all of the resources you will need to ensure that your PlayStation experience is the best it possibly can be.
If you haven’t bought a PlayStation yet, we’ve also got the tools to help you out. Choosing your PlayStation might be difficult and if you ever plan on using a PlayStation VR you definitely want a PlayStation Pro. Aside from performance, you want to save money, and we want to help you do it. Buying products in bundles, especially if you already need the whole kit, can save you boatloads of money.
- Do you want a PlayStation 4 Classic, PlayStation 4 Pro or Slim PlayStation 4?
- The difference between a PS4 and a PS4 Slim
- Which PlayStation 4 is best for virtual reality (VR)?
- Save money buying these PlayStation Bundles!
- Every limited edition PlayStation 4 that you can buy today
All about your current console update: 6.02
PlayStation’s latest firmware update, 6.02, doesn’t add much in terms of new features. This update was mainly meant for minor performance improvements. The update that people expected to bring a ton of changes, 6.0, turned out to be a disappointment that caused more problems than it solved, and didn’t offer any more features than the 5.50 update did. Let’s hope 6.0 was only laying the unseen groundwork for better things to come.
Unfortunately, you’ll need to wait a bit longer for the much-requested ability to change your PSN name.
Get to know the best hardware
Just like buying a new car there is always the option to get your possessions in a "fully loaded" style. Well, from the controllers to the headsets we’ve got all the information you’ll need to deck out your gear for the PlayStation. These accessories and upgrades aren’t just to improve the visual of your command center, but you can also improve the performance.
Last but not least, let’s take a moment to appreciate all the save files to our favorite games. The ones that, even if you don’t play for a few years, you never want to lose. PlayStation used to have an interchangeable memory card, but now it’s all on their internal hard drive. So if you’re running out of memory but don’t want to lose anything, you can also check out this list for the best external hard drives.
- Where to buy the new PlayStation Gold Wireless headset
- Best PS4 decal kits
- Best portable monitors for your PS4
- The best PS4 controllers to own
- The best headset available for the PS4
- The best accessories available for your PS4
- The best travel accessories for your PS4
- The best charging stands for your accessories
- The best vertical docs for your PS4
- The best external hard drives for your PS4
- The best phone mounts for the PS4
- The best media remotes for PS4
- The best custom controllers for PS4
- The best USB hub for PS4
- The best arcade pad for PS4
- Best chatpads for your PS4 controller
- Best replacement power cord for your PS4
- PlayStation Platinum Wireless vs Gold Wireless headsets
- DualShock 4 vs Razer Raiju PS4 controller
- Which color PS4 controller should you buy?
The best fun to have on your PlayStation 4
While there are plenty of super cool apps to lose yourself in, one of the main reasons for owning a PS4 is for the games. As you know, exploring the PlayStation Store from your console, or even online, can take hours — and the only thing you’re going to do is wish your wallet was fatter. Well, you can save your time knowing that we’ve done most of the research for you! So instead of window shopping, check out these links here to get an idea of what people are already playing, and what you should be playing too!
Don’t forget to stay updated with our here on Android Central! Most of these articles are updated on a monthly basis, so if you keep checking in we’re bound to have new content for you!
- Every PlayStation 2 game available on PlayStation 4
- The best games for PlayStation 4
- The best strategy games
- The best Indie games
- The best PS4 exclusives
- The best multiplayer games
- The best games for under $30
- The best free games
- Best PS4 games you can play online without PS Plus
- Super cool demos you need to try out
- Every game that will release to PS4 this month
Recommendations and weighing your options when owning a PlayStation console
So you’ve got everything settled, you know how your system works and everything is set up just the way you like it. Now you’re wondering if there’s anything more you can do to make your PlayStation scream "YOU" just a little bit more. Maybe you just want to look into a few upgrades. Regardless of your reason, check out these links to see what choices you have, and how to get them done!
- Best replacement thumb grips for PlayStation 4 controllers
- Best Replacement SSD for PlayStation 4 in 2018
- The biggest external hard drive that PS4 suports
- Best PlayStation 4 Controllers
- What is PlayStation Plus and why do I need it?
- Should you wall mount your PlayStation 4?
- Customizing the lights on your PlayStation Conrollers
- What you can get with a PlayStation Plus account
Frequently asked questions and how-tos
From troubleshooting to figuring out all the new commands for your console, we’ve got plenty of resources to help you out. Whether you’re a new PlayStation owner or just trying to figure something out you’ve never tried before, check out these links to see if any of these can help you out!
When buying a new PlayStation after already owning one
- How to transfer data from your old PlayStation 4 to your new PlayStation4
- How to set up parental controls
Navigating your PlayStation Store
- Should you buy physical games or digital games?
- How to make a PlayStation Store Wishlist
- How to use PlayStation gift cards
- How to download from the Japanese PlayStation Store
- How to delete games from your PS4
- How to organize your games
- How to change the theme of your PlayStation 4 home screen
- How to set up two-factor authentication
- How to eject a disk from your PS4
- How to use the share function on your PS4
- How to share your images off of PlayStation Network
- How to turn off auto-updates for your games
- How to configure your audio controls
- How to wake up a PlayStation 4 with your phone
- How to block and report someone on PlayStation
- How to set up gameshare on your PS4
- How to pre-install a pre-ordered game on PS4
- How to hide PS4 games in your library
- How to enable 4K resolution on your PS4 Pro
- How to manage multiple accounts on one console
- How to use the PlayStation Gold companion app with your headphones
- How to cancel a digital pre-order on your PS4
- How to buy digital PS4 games for a friend
- How to use family sharing in PlayStation Plus
- How to change a PS4 screenshot quality to a higher resolution
- How to make a GIF from a PS4 video
- What to do if your credit card won’t work on PlayStation Network
- What to do when your PlayStation 4 won’t accept a disc
- What to do when your PlayStation 4 headset breaks
- The 5 most common controller issues
- How to fix ps4 controller jitters
- What to do when your PS4 Pro is running loud
- How to fix your PlayStation 4 from starting in Safe Mode
- How to deal with Blu-Ray problems
- How to get your PlayStation Move controllers to work with your Christmas tree (or any other crazy lights)
- How to fix your overheating issues
- How to use an external hard drive with your PS4
- How to enable HDR for PlayStation 4 on popular 4K TVs
Gaming: Tips, Tricks and Everything you need to know!
Everything you need to know
Here’s a collection of articles of some of the popular games that are out there. Inside includes everything you need to know from release dates, developer information, major patch updates – you name it!
- Fortnite tips, tricks, and cheats to help you win a Victory Royale
- No Man’s Sky: Quick ways to make a lot of money
- No Man’s Sky: Beginner’s guide
- Top 15 Madden NFL 19 tips and tricks
- NBA 2K19: Tips and tricks
- Psychonauts 2: Everything you need to know
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy: Everything you need to know
- Beyond Good and Evil 2: Everything you need to know
- Resident Evil 2 Remake: Everything you need to know
- God of War: Everything you need to know
- Detroit: Become Human: Everything you need to know
- Darksiders 3: Everything you need to know
- Kingdom Hearts 3: Everything you need to know
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Everything you need to know
- Dark Souls Trilogy: Everything you need to know
- Cyberpunk 2077: Everything you need to know
- Guacamelee! 2: Everything you need to know
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Everything you need to know
- Rage 2: Everything you need to know
- DOOM Eternal: Everything you need to know
- Ghost of Tsushima: Everything you need to know
- The Last of Us Part II: Everything you need to know
- The Elder Scrolls 6: Everything you need to know
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: Everything you need to know
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4: Everything you need to know
- Death Stranding: Everything you need to know
- Fallout 76: Everything you need to know
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Everything you need to know
Looking for some new games?
We all get bored sometimes. Don’t worry! We’re here to help you pick out your next adventure!
- Best PlayStation 4 games under $30
- Best Indie games for PlayStation 4
- Every PlayStation 2 game you can play on your PlayStation 4
- Every PS4 Pro enhanced game
- Every PS4 exclusive game
- Every PSVR game compatible with a steering wheel
Beat your favorite game and looking for more?
We all hate it when our favorite game comes to an end. But thankfully we have a few suggestions based on your interests of games you should check out next!
- What to play when you get bored with Fortnite on PlayStation 4
- What to play after you beat Far Cry 5
- What to play after you beat God of War
Do you have any questions regarding your PlayStation 4? What helpful hints would you like to see more of? Let us know in the comment section below!
Updated November 2018: We’ve added more articles — from all the best Fortnite advice to some of the best games you can find, we’ve got your back!
November 29, 2018 at 01:05AM