What a crazy week! We just got back from CES 2018, and we wouldn’t blame you if you missed an announcement or two. If you’d like to catch up on all things CES, head to our recap article here, and check out our Best of CES 2018 awards for our list of the best products from the show.
Here’s the news of the week.
Who wants to win a Huawei Mate 10 Pro?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
Best of CES 2018: the most impressive, innovative products from the show We were able to check out a ton of great products at CES 2018. Here’s our list of the most innovative, interesting products from the show!
Hands-on: the first under-glass fingerprint sensor is here After years of waiting, it’s finally here: Vivo has revealed an as-yet-unnamed device with Synaptics’ FS9500 under-glass fingerprint sensor in the display.
Hands-on with Skagen’s beautiful Android Wear smartwatch Skagen’s first touchscreen smartwatch, the Skagen Falster, runs Android Wear 2.0 and is coming in January for $275.
Razer Project Linda hands-on: your Razer Phone becomes the brain of your laptop Razer just unveiled Project Linda, a laptop-phone hybrid that uses the company’s new handset to bring your life to the big screen.
Hands-on: Lenovo Mirage Solo is the first standalone Daydream headset While Google’s standalone Daydream headset is yet to see the light of day, partners like Lenovo are stepping up. Here is a quick look at the Lenovo Mirage Solo and Mirage Camera with Daydream!
JBL Link View hands-on The second Google Assistant-powered smart speaker with a display to land at CES 2018 is the JBL Link View.
Google Pay makes a lot of sense Google recently merged its two mobile payment systems – Android Pay and Google Wallet – into one system, Google Pay. This is a great idea on many levels, which we examine here.
Why US carriers won’t sell the best Android phone in the world Why won’t AT&T sell the excellent Mate 10 Pro? Was it just US carriers playing hardball, political point-scoring, or did US intelligence have the final say?
A closer look at the LG V30 in Raspberry Rose (and the $2K Signature Edition) The LG V30 in Raspberry Rose is beautiful. Here’s a hands-on look at the new color option, plus a quick look at the LG V30 Signature Edition!
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Samsung Galaxy S9 confirmed for MWC launch in late February
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro is coming to the US without a carrier partner for $799
- You may soon be able to pick up a OnePlus device from a carrier
- Disney announces Star Wars: Rivals, a PvP shooter for Android and iOS
- Google looks to place a bigger focus on Assistant and its own devices in 2018
- LG Pay will launch in the US by the first half of 2018
- Huawei CEO calls AT&T breakdown a “huge loss” for consumers
- LG’s next flagship phone could be released this April
- BlackBerry announces US launch of BlackBerry Motion
- Google looking into Android 8.1 bug that causes lock screen swiping issues
- Kate Spade’s new Android Wear watch lets you match your watch face to your outfit
- The Misfit Path is the company’s smallest, most minimalist hybrid smartwatch
- Xposed Framework gains Oreo support in latest beta
- The Honor View 10 will make its way overseas on January 8
- Xiaomi and Oculus join forces to launch two standalone VR headsets
- Android version distribution: Nougat sees significant growth
- Facebook announces Portal, a standalone video chat device
- The Kinda Blue Pixel 2 is now available from the Google Store
- OnePlus 5T Sandstone White is now on sale
- Head of Allo and Duo leaves Google to join Facebook
- HTC’s 2017 revenues were its lowest in 13 years
- ZTE is not done with its foldable smartphone dream
- Future phones may come coated with this new self-healing material
- New bill proposes ban on Huawei and ZTE telecoms services in the US
From our network
- SoundGuys’ best of CES 2018 [SoundGuys.com]
- DGiT’s best of CES 2018 [DGiT.com]
- Best GoPro drones – take your action camera to the sky [DroneRush.com]
- The HTC Vive Pro VR headset will include better displays and audio [VRSource.com]
January 14, 2018 at 07:15AM