This week we reviewed the HTC U11 Plus, Skagen Falster, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. We also took and early look at benchmark scores for the Snapdragon 845, talked about changes that will arrive with Android P, and much more. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win a Google Pixel 2?
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
HTC U11 Plus review: what the Pixel 2 XL could’ve been The HTC U11 Plus started out as the prototype for the Pixel 2 XL. Find out if it has what it takes to stand on its own in our HTC U11 Plus review.
Skagen Falster review: the prettiest Android Wear watch comes with some caveats The Skagen Falster trades in a robust feature set for dashing looks. Find out whether or not you should buy it in our full Skagen Falster review.
Benchmark session: how fast is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845? We took an early look at Qualcomm’s latest chipset to answer this question, running a series of benchmarks to find out how it compares to last year’s flagship processors.
The complexity of ethics and AI AI ethics ranges all the way from how we should use AI, to biases and creator accountability, right through to the very nature of how we should value and treat all types of intelligence.
Honor View 10 vs OnePlus 5T: flagship killer dethroned? If you’ve got $500 or so burning a hole in your pocket, where should you drop it? Find out in our Honor View 10 vs OnePlus 5T comparison.
Android P to be designed with iPhone X ‘notch’ in mind Anonymous sources indicate that Android P is designed with the expectation that future Android devices will look like the iPhone X.
2018: the year OEMs perfect the mid-tier? How can the mid-tier turn into a truly compelling force?
A day with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Qualcomm brought us through a variety of different lab scenarios where it showed off the power of the Snapdragon 845 far beyond mobile.
Don’t miss these videos
Watch more Android videos on our YouTube channel.
More hot news
- Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 1 renders leak
- Former Samsung Bixby development lead joins Google
- LG V30 (2018) coming to MWC with new AI features — and it sounds dull
- Google Assistant might be in 52 countries, 17 more languages this year
- Essential Phone to come in three new, limited edition colors
- FBI, CIA, and NSA chiefs advise against using Huawei and ZTE phones
- Project Fi adds 37 countries to its international coverage options
- Android 8.1 Oreo beta update available for Essential Phone
- Alto’s Odyssey isn’t launching on Android for months
- Reply is working on bringing Smart Reply to all messaging apps
- Nokia soars to #11 smartphone brand globally
- HMD Global confirms Android 8.1 Oreo rollout for Nokia 8
- Essential shipped less than 90,000 Essential Phone units in 2017
- Google Pixel yearly sales double to 3.9 million in 2017
- Huawei responds to accusation that it solicited fake reviews of Mate 10 Pro
- Google beefs up open-source AMP platform with new stories feature
- Galaxy Note 9 expected to miss out on in-display fingerprint scanner
- New Galaxy S9 video teasers hype up camera slow-mo, 3D emoji, and more
- Google offering up to $200 off Pixel 2 phones for some ‘loyal Nexus users’
From our network
- Beats Studio3 Wireless review [SoundGuys.com]
- Google Pixelbook review: is it worth $999 now? [DGiT.com]
- Best drones under $500: the mid-range quadcopters that won’t let you down [DroneRush.com]
- Best Oculus Touch games [VRSource.com]
February 18, 2018 at 10:20AM