Welcome to the LG G6 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest LG G6 update information, but it won’t include general security patches on their own.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
LG G6 Android Oreo update
Update (12/28): The LG G6 was released in March of this year, shipping with Android 7.0 Nougat and LG’s UX 6.0 skin. LG was one of the first manufacturers to update a flagship phone (the LG G5) to Nougat last year, but this year, it’s lagging behind with Android 8.0 Oreo for the G6.
Today, we’ve caught our first but of LG G6 Oreo news as the software has been spotted in beta form rolling out to G6 models in China. This was discovered in the Chinese language Gfan forums (via Android Central), where a user offered some thoughts on the beta software and provided some screenshots of it.
The user noted that the overall device performance had been improved and the battery life had been increased, and stated that the update is currently rolling out to the G6 models: LGM-G600L, LGM-G600LR, LGM-G600LP, LGM-G600K, LGM-G600KR, LGM-G600KP, LGM-G600S, LGM-G600SR, and LGM-G600SP.
The beta, an equivalent of which we don’t expect to be launched in the US, also includes the typical Android 8.0 Oreo features like improved notifications and home screen app shortcuts (you can see more images from the forums via the link below).
How long it will be before the software is rolled out in its final form remains to be seen. After landing in Eastern territories, Android Oreo should make its way to US LG G6 variants, but then it will also have to go through carrier approval (for those who don’t have the device unl0cked). In other words, if you’re waiting for the update in the States, it still could be months away.
LG G6 update US
|LG G6 update – US||Android 7.0||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.0|
AT&T LG G6 update (H871):
- April 27, 2017: AT&T rolls out performance enhancements and messaging app fixes.
Verizon LG G6 update (VS998):
- April 17, 2017: Verizon adds new software instructions for protecting the G6 charge port and SIM Card tray, as well as latest security updates.
T-Mobile LG G6 update (H872):
- April 6, 2017: T-Mobile rolls out various bug fixes, including a problem with the E911 timer.
Sprint LG G6 update (LS993):
- July 3, 2017: Sprint delivers improvements to Wi-Fi calling and the latest security patches to the LG G6.
- April 24, 2017: Sprint fixes an issue that could cause devices to say they’re corrupted (when they aren’t).
International LG G6 update (H870/H873/H870DS):
- June 29, 2017: LG G6 gets bootloader unlocking in Europe.
- April 4, 2017: LG rolls out a battery update ahead of the LG G6 launch in Canada.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!
December 27, 2017 at 11:48PM