At the time of publication, it’s still the early hours of the morning in the US and we haven’t seen any user reports regarding the update crop up on social media. We’ll be keeping an eye out as the day goes on, but be aware that it’s unlikely to hit all devices today.
If you’re eager to get the update yourself, head to the software update page in your device settings menu to see if you can pull it. Be sure to let us know in the comments when you get it.
Welcome to the HTC U11 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest HTC U11 update information, but it won’t include general security patches.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
HTC U11 Android Oreo update
The last HTC flagship, the HTC 10, received Nougat within 100 days of it being released into the wild; we expected a similar timeline for Oreo on the U11, putting it sometime around the end of November. This commenced on November 25 for unlocked devices, before the Sprint update started rolling out on January 22. As the U11 landed with Android Nougat, it should also be in the running to receive Android P when it’s launched later this year.
HTC U11 update US
|HTC 11 update – US||Android 7.11||Android 8.0|
Unlocked HTC U11 update:
- November 25, 2017, HTC VP of Product Management Mo Versi says that the Oreo update is now rolling out to unlocked U11 handsets.
- August 24, 2017, HTC confirms that the U11 will see Android Oreo before the end of 2017 in the US. Presumably, this relates to the unlocked model, as carriers tend to take longer to roll out their updates.
Sprint HTC U11 (2PZC5) update:
- July 13, 2017, a report suggests that a Sprint firmware update has increased LTE download speeds on the U11.
- January 22, 2018, HTC’s Mo Versi says the Android Oreo rollout for the HTC U11 with Sprint should begin today.
International HTC U11 (2PZC100/HTV33/601HT) update:
- November 15, 2017, HTC starts rolling out Android Oreo to the HTC U11 in Taiwan. This also includes the November security update.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!
January 21, 2018 at 10:46PM