What’s better than free money on Black Friday?!
Aside from the obvious sale prices and coupons, there are other ways for the truly savvy shopper to save even more on Black Friday. Tucked deep within Amazon’s Black Friday lead-up content is a promo centered around the camera features of the Amazon iOS/Android app. If you do the proper legwork and have a solid day of game-plan, you’ll be able to save an extra $5 (multiple times) on your Black Friday purchases by leveraging this one promo.
Here’s how it works: Beginning on November 23 at 12 a.m., using the three different camera features will begin activate the promo credits on your account. For each one you use, you’ll be able to earn $5 (once per hour), which can then be used to buy select items at Amazon. These features are pretty niche and the process isn’t intuitive so we created a step-by-step guide to outline exactly what you’ll need to do to use each method.
To begin, you’ll first need to download the Amazon app on your iOS or Android device. Once installed, open it and tap the Camera icon at the end of the search bar. You’ll then be prompted to allow Amazon to access your phone’s camera. Once that’s completed, you can start the tasks.
How to use Product Search:
- Product Search is the default setting when tapping on the Camera icon. You can switch to Product Search after tapping the Camera icon by clicking See More at the bottom of the screen and selecting ‘Product Search‘.
- Once you’re in Product Search mode, point your phone’s camera at an item near you that you would like to search on Amazon.
- Blue dots should appear on and around the item for a few seconds; if Amazon can identify the item, it will pop up its search results allowing you to view product information and buy the item your camera just viewed. It may also show similar items which relate to the item that was identified.
- A pop-up will appear which states ‘Unlock $5’. Click it to snag your promo credit.
- The item you’ve scanned must be sold by Amazon for you to complete this offer.
How to use Barcode Scanner:
- To find the Barcode Scanner, tap the See More button at the bottom after clicking on the Camera icon. Then tap ‘Barcode Scanner‘.
- Find an item that you’d like to search on Amazon and put its barcode in front of your device’s camera.
- If Amazon can find the item, it will pop up the item’s product page, along with a banner that states ‘Unlock $5’ which you must click to get your promo credit. As with the previous feature, the item you scan must be sold by Amazon for you to complete this offer.
How to use AR View:
- As with the other settings, hit the Camera icon and then click See More at the bottom. There you’ll find the ‘AR View‘ mode to select. Not all devices are compatible with this mode so it may not be available for you at this time.
- This mode allows you to see how various best-selling products would look in your home. From here, select an item in the bottom window that you’re interested in and then go to a location in your home where you might place that item.
- The app will ask where you’re planning on placing the item, whether that’s on the ground, on a table, or on a wall. Selecting the right option will help the next step work properly.
- The item should appear before you as if it’s actually there in real life. You can drag it around, make it bigger, or turn it around with your fingers. You can also walk around the item to get a look at it from other angles.
- You should also see a banner which states ‘Unlock $5’ once completed. You’ll have to click on it to finish the task and earn your promo credit.
Get prepared with Thrifter’s newsletter
The Thrifter team is covering ALL things Black Friday, and you won’t want to miss out. Sign up now to have tips, deals, and more delivered right to your inbox and be sure to check out all the deals that are already available.
November 15, 2018 at 08:25AM