With so many options streaming content to your eyeballs, something must give. Your wallet simply needs a break. If Hulu is on your media blackout list, we’ll walk you through how to delete your Hulu account and history. First, though, there are a few things you should know.
You can’t simply delete an account. Hulu forces you to cancel your subscription before accepting a deletion request. Of course, if you simply need a temporary break, you can pause the service. Closing it entirely means canceling first and then deleting in hopes you’ll have second thoughts.
Next, Hulu removed the tool for eliminating your watch history. Instead, you can delete titles from Suggestions and Keep Watching. We provide examples of both at the end of this guide.
How to delete Hulu account on the web
1. Go to Hulu.com.
2. Log in as usual.
3. Select the account holder’s profile.
4. Select the name again in the top-right corner.
5. Click Account in the rollout menu.
6. Click Update Info in the Your Account section.
7. Click the Delete my Hulu Account link. The text is conveniently small.
8. Click the Yes, Delete My Account button. Done.
How to delete Hulu account on Android
1. Open the Hulu app and log in if needed.
2. Select the main account holder’s name.
3. Tap Account in the bottom right corner.
4. Tap Account again.
5. Scroll down to the Your Account section.
6. Tap Update Info.
7. Tap Delete my Hulu account.
8. Enter your password and tap Yes, delete my account.
How to remove Hulu suggestions and watch history
There’s really no need for instructions here. Simply click or tap on the unwanted content and the removal tools appear. We provide visual examples for web browsers and Android.
Don’t keep watching: web browser
In this case, move your mouse over the unwanted content and click the circular X symbol (remove button) when it appears.
Don’t keep watching: Android
Here the remove button is already present on the content listing. Just tap it away.
Stop suggestions: web browser
Like the Keep Watching content, hover your mouse over the unwanted movie or TV show. The No symbol appears so you can erase your assumed secret pleasures.
Stop suggestions: Android
As before, the Stop button is already present. Tap it to remove the suggestion from your Home page forever.
Want an alternative to Hulu? Why not take Netflix for spin?
That wraps up our guide on how to delete your Hulu account and history. For additional tips and tricks, check out these guides:
- The 10 best shows on Hulu
- Best movies on Hulu to watch and enjoy
- 15 best anime on Hulu you can binge right now
July 29, 2019 at 03:31PM