Fortnite Season 6 is well underway and this season is shaping up to be a spooky one. The island in the middle of Loot Lake has taken to the skies with the power of the mysterious purple cube and all kinds of new landmarks have popped up around the map.
To help to keep track of everything, we’ve put together this handy little guide. Here you’ll find the Fortnite Season 6 end date, Battle Pass details, map changes, weekly challenges, new skins, and more! Check back frequently to stay up-to-date on the ever evolving world of Fortnite!
Put down your Llama Bell and check out the rest of our Fortnite content:
- Fortnite Update Hub
- Fortnite on Android first look
- Fortnite on Android: All the info on its unconventional release
- Fortnite for Android interview – Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney on breaking away from Google Play
- Fortnite Mobile tips and tricks: How to build, shoot and win
- Fortnite cross platform guide: Play with nearly everyone
- Fortnite Mobile on Android: Here are the compatible phones
- Fortnite vs PUBG: Ten mobile differences between the two biggest battle royales
- 10 best battle royale games like PUBG mobile or Fortnite on Android
When did Fortnite Season 6 start?
Fortnite Season 6 kicked off on September 27, just one day after the first anniversary of the smash hit Battle Royale game mode. For a deep dive into some of the Season 6 map changes and more, check out the sections below.
When does Fortnite Season 6 end?
The Fortnite Season 6 end date is expected around December 6, which is 10 weeks after the season began. That said, Season 5 ran about a week long, so don’t be surprised if it lasts into the second or third week of December.
How much does the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass cost?
Like the previous seasons, the Fortnite Season 6 Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks, or about $10. Working your way through all 100 tiers of the Battle Pass will net you more than 100 unique rewards. Simply buying the pass also unlocks two skins, Calamity and DJ Yonder. Read more about all the Season 6 rewards below.
What are Shadow Stones in Fortnite?
Shadow Stones are a new item in Fortnite Season 6 that spawn in Corrupted Zones around the map. Consuming a Shadow Stone will enter you into Shadow Form for 45 seconds. During that time you move faster and gain the ability to phase forward, but can’t fire any weapons.
Fortnite Season 6 kicked off with a whoosh as the island at the center of Loot Lake began floating with the power of the mysterious purple cube. It slowly floated around the map activating runes in each of the corrupted zones it left behind in Season 5.
Fortnite update hub: V6.20 adds Fortnitemares event, glider redeploy and storm phase changes
You could still access the top of the island (and the house on it) at the start of the season, where there’s some sparse loot and a few destructible objects. Walking into the vortex beneath the island will send you flying into the air.
After each of the runes had been activated, they floated toward the island on their own, with a similar vortex beneath them. At the end of October, they met with the cube and broke the island apart, kicking off the Fortnitemares event and wreaking havoc around the map.
Currently, the corrupted areas now contain Corrupt Fragments which spawn two different types of spooky Cube Monsters: Cube Fiends and Brutes. This is the first time non-player characters can be found in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
A couple of other new areas and features have popped up around the map as well. Spooky corn fields have sprouted up in the Fatal Fields region. Visibility is limited while running through the field, but they can be chopped down by swinging your ax.
Finally, a Haunted Castle has appeared at the top of the Haunted Hills. Loot and several chests spawn there, so there’s more to check out than just paranormal activity.
Only time will tell what will happen in Fortnite Season 6. Will the runes collide with the massive island to kick off another Halloween event? Knowing Fortnite and Epic Games, it’s anyone’s guess.
Fortnite Season 6 Skins
Battle Pass Skins
Like every season before it, there are a number of new skins in Fortnite Season 6. With the subtitle “Darkness Rises”, many of them are Halloween themed but there are a few timeless skins that shouldn’t be missed out on.
First up are the two skins unlocked by simply purchasing the Battle Pass: Calamity and DJ Yonder. Cowgirl Calamity can be further customized by changing her highlight color, which has a bigger effect as you gain more parts of the outfit by unlocking higher tiers throughout the season. Make sure you complete challenges to unlock more colors!
Next up is the inflatable llama riding Giddy-up available at Tier 23 and the dark Red Riding hood lookalike Fable available at Tier 47. She’s part of the new Red Riding set that includes an ax, picnic blanket glider, fireflies contrail, and of course, a red cape back bling.
On a spookier note, the vampire themed Dusk skin is available at Tier 71 along with a number of batty accessories. The wacky Nightshade is a cross between the Tomatohead and Fate skins, and is unlocked at Tier 86.
Finally, the Season 6 level 100 skin is Dire, an unassuming skin that transforms into a werewolf as you gain experience. Really only the first 3 tiers of the skin are unique, as the others are just recolored versions of the same model. There’s also a sweet katana back bling, just because.
The Fortnitemare event kicked off on October 24, and with it came yet another new skin called Deadfire. Sticking with the Wild West theme established with Calamity, Deadfire is a gun toting, Cube Monster-hunting cowboy.
The legendary skin is available in the item shop off-and-on during the Fortnitemares event for 2000 V-Bucks. His ax is only epic (but equally badass), and costs 1200 V-Bucks.
Like other reactive skins, Deadfire and his ax evolve as you meet certain conditions. In this case, dealing damage to players or Cube Monsters will slowly turn Deadfire into a glow-in-the-dark predator with purple and florescent green accents.
Fortnite Season 6 Pets
One surprise addition to Fortnite Season 6 is Pets. These furry friends hang out in your backpack and react to certain game situations by growling, ducking, and so on. Sneaky players can rest at easy, as Bonesy the dog’s growls and barks will not give you away. They can only be heard by you and your teammates.
Like other unlockables in Fortnite Battle Royale, they have no effect on gameplay and are purely cosmetic. They do look quite concerned when you get knocked, which is more than can be said about most teammates.
To date, just 3 pets have been released in Season 6 of Fortnit, and all of them are unlocked by purchasing the Battle Pass and making your way through the tiers.
What pets are available in Fortnite Season 6?
Currently Bonesy the dog, Camo the chameleon, and Scales the dragon are the 3 pets available in Fortnite. Bonesy is unlocked first at tier 12, with 2 additional colors available at tiers 59 and 90.
Next up is Camo the chameleon, who is unlocked at tier 29. Although Camo doesn’t have any bonus color options, she does change color while equipped. Because, you know, she’s a chameleon.
The final pet is Scales the dragon, unlockable at tier 43. Like Bonesy, Scales also features 2 additional color options, which are gained at tiers 74 and 98.
Fortnite Season 6 Weekly Challenges
Snag all of the great Season 6 rewards by completing all of the weekly challenges. Remember that since Season 5, there are both Free Pass Weekly Challenges and Battle Pass Weekly Challenges, so everyone can get in on the action.
However, if you want to snag the bonus experience you’ll need to complete at least one of the Battle Pass Weekly Challenges. Earn an extra 5,000 experience each week for the first 5 weeks, then 1,000 more each week up to a maximum of 10,000 in Week 10.
Previous weekly challenges are up for grabs even after the following week starts, so we’ve compiled all of them below along with their rewards in reverse chronological order (the most recent week first). We’ve also included some handy tips for the trickier challenges.
Fortnite Season 6 Week 4 Challenges
Released: October 18, 2018
Free Pass Challenges
- Use a Port-a-Fort or Port-a-Fortress in 5 different matches (5 Battle Stars)
- Search an Ammo Box in 7 different named locations (5 Battle Stars)
- Ring the doorbell of a house with an opponent inside in 3 different matches (10 Battle Stars)
Battle Pass Challenges
- Land at Greasy Grove (5 Battle Stars)
- Dance on top of a Clock Tower (5 Battle Stars)
- Get a score of 3 or more at different Shooting Galleries (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate 3 opponents near any of the Corrupted Areas (10 Battle Stars)
Fortnite Season 6 Week 4 Challenge tips
How to ring doorbells in Fortnite
Doorbells are found, unsurprisingly, next to the front door of houses. Just interact with them as you would a chest, Shadow Stone, and so on. Land in residential areas and ding-dong-ditch your way to challenge completion.
Where is the Clock Tower in Fortnite?
A Clock Tower can be found in the still-popular landing sight of Tilted Towers. Land on top of it and boogie down to snag an easy 5 Battle Stars.
Where are the Shooting Galleries in Fortnite?
Shooting Galleries can be found at several locations around the map:
- South of Retail Row
- East of Viking Village
- East of Haunted Hills
- In the Eastern part of Wailing Woods
- Northwest of Dusty Divot
- Southwest of Fatal Fields
It’s also worth noting that you can repeat the same Shooting Gallery for credit in a new match, so you don’t need to go too out of your way to complete the challenge. Make sure you finish the match afterwards though, as you may not receive credit otherwise.
Fortnite Season 6 Week 3 Challenges
Released: October 11, 2018
Free Pass Challenges
- Revive a player in 5 different matches (5 Battle Stars)
- Search a Chest (5 Battle Stars)
- Stage 1: Search a Chest in Lonely Lodge
- Stage 2: Search a Chest in Retail Row
- Stage 3: Search a Chest in Snobby Shores
- Stage 4: Search a Chest in Fatal Fields
- Stage 5: Search a Chest in Pleasant Park
- Get 1 Damage Trap Elimination (10 Battle Stars)
Battle Pass Challenges
- Visit locations (10 Battle Stars)
- Stage 1: Visit Risky Reels and Wailing Woods in a single match
- Stage 2: Visit Paradise Palms and Dusty Divot in a single match
- Stage 3: Visit Greasy Grove and Leaky Lake in a single match
- Stage 3: Lucky Landing and Tilted Towers in a single match
- Stage 3: Snobby Shores and Salty Springs in a single match
- Hit a player with a Tomato 15m away or more (5 Battle Stars)
- Complete 3 Timed Trials (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate an opponent in 10 different matches (10 Battle Stars)
Fortnite Season 6 Week 3 Challenge tips
How do you get the Tomato in Fortnite?
Tomato is available as a toy at Tier 28 of the Battle Pass. If you’re falling behind on tier unlocks in Season 6, hold off on this one for a little while. The good news is that hitting a teammate with a Tomato also gives credit, so queue up with your friends or hop into a 50 vs 50 to grab your 5 Battle Stars. 50 vs 50 is an easy way to complete the revive challenge as well.
Where are the Timed Trials in Fortnite?
Although you only need to complete 3, there are a total of 5 Timed Trials around the map:
- In the middle of Tomato Temple
- Southwest of Dusty Divot
- South of Tilted Towers
- South of Shift Shafts
- Northeast of Snobby Shores
As long as there are no enemies around to ruin your day, they aren’t too difficult to complete. Once you start the Timed Trial, you can scope out the path before starting. Many of them also require building, but you can even build before starting to give yourself an even easier time. This is particularly useful for mobile players, as building isn’t quite as quick as it is for mouse-and-keyboard users.
Fortnite Season 6 Week 2 Challenges
Released: October 4, 2018
Free Pass Challenges
- Visit all 7 of the Corrupted Areas (5 Battle Stars)
- Use Shadow Stone in 3 different matches (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal damage (10 Battle Stars)
- Stage 1: Deal 200 damage with standard Assault Rifles to opponents
- Stage 2: Deal 200 damage with burst Assault Rifles to opponents
- Stage 3: Deal 200 damage with silenced Assault Rifles to opponents
Battle Pass Challenges
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away (5 Battle Stars)
- Deal weapon damage in 3 Stages (10 Battle Stars)
- Stage 1: Deal 200 damage with Hunting Rifles
- Stage 2: Deal 200 damage with Bolt Action Sniper Rifles
- Stage 3: Deal 200 damage with Heavy Sniper Rifles
- Deal 500 damage with Pistols to opponents (5 Battle Stars)
- Get 3 SMG Eliminations (10 Battle Stars)
Fortnite Season 6 Week 2 Challenge tips
Where are the Corrupted Areas in Fortnite?
The Corrupted Areas are easy to find, as they are clearly marked on the map in purplish brown. Just in case, here are the Corrupted Area locations:
- Southwest of Pleasant Part
- South of Lazy Links
- Inside Wailing Woods
- South of Retail Row
- West of Dusty Divot
- Northwest of Fatal Fields
- West of Shifty Shafts
Where are Shadow Stones in Fortnite?
Shadow Stones can be found near any of the Corrupted Areas, as listed above. Just walk up to them and interact just as you would a chest, door, mushroom, and so on.
Fortnite Season 6 Week 1 Challenges
Released: September 27, 2018
Free Pass Challenges
- Pickup 3 Legendary Items in different matches (5 Battle Stars)
- Regain 150 health from a Cozy Campfire (5 Battle Stars)
- Search 3 objects (10 Battle Stars)
- Stage 1: Search Chests
- Stage 2: Search Supply Drops
- Stage 3: Search Llamas
Battle Pass Challenges
- Apply 500 points of Shield (5 Battle Stars)
- Land at 5 different location stages (5 Battle Stars)
- Stage 1: Land at Junk Junction
- Stage 2: Land at Tomato Temple
- Stage 3: Land at Tilted Towers
- Stage 4: Land at Fatal Fields
- Stage 5: Land at Flush Factory
- Dance under 7 different Streetlight Spotlights (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate 5 opponents in different Named Locations (10 Battle Stars)
Fortnite Season 6 Week 1 Challenge tips
Where are the Streetlight Spotlights in Fortnite?
Streetlight Spotlight locations in Fortnite shouldn’t come as a surprise: they’re all near streets! You’ll need to dance under 7 unique streetlights, but they don’t all have to be done in the same match. Here are a few locations where streetlights (often more than 1) can be easily found:
- Tilted Towers
- Risky Reels
- Pleasant Park
- Greasy Grove
- Lazy Links
- Tomato Temple (in one of the tunnels)
- Retail Row
- Fatal Fields
The easiest way to go about finishing the challenge is queuing up in 50 vs 50 mode and flying over areas until you spot the spotlight. Hop inside and bust a move to grab an easy 10 Battle Stars.
What are the Named Locations in Fortnite?
Named Locations are just that – places on the map that are marked with names. There are 21 in all, including Dusty Divot, Tilted Towers, Lucky Landing, and more.
That’s all for this guide to everything Fortnite Season 6. What are you most looking forward to this season and what would you like to see in Season 7? Let us know in the comments!
October 24, 2018 at 05:08PM