There’s a crazy Cricket deal going on right now at Best Buy which enables you to get an unlocked smartphone, a Cricket SIM card, and a $25 Cricket refill card for less than you would pay for the smartphone on its own.
What’s more, you don’t have to actually sign up for Cricket service — you can just toss the SIM and refill cards, use them, or even resell them on eBay, further reducing your cost of the phone.
If that sounds confusing, that’s because it is. However, don’t worry, because we’re going to explain how this deal works and how to best take advantage of it!
First, let’s talk phones. The list of smartphones you can choose from for this deal is fairly long, so to make things easier we found the best phones with the steepest discounts and listed them out for you here. Once again, these are all brand new unlocked models:
- LG G7 ThinQ — Final price, $584
- Samsung Galaxy S8 — Final price, $573
- Sony Xperia XZ2 — Final price, $484
- Motorola Moto X4 (Android One) — Final price, $284
- Nokia 6.1 — Final price, $184
- Motorola Moto G6 — Final price, $184
Once you’ve decided on which phone you like, here are the steps to get the deal:
- Add your preferred smartphone from the list above to your Best Buy cart (be sure to select the “Activate Later” model).
- Head to this link.
- Check the “Add to offer” box next to the Cricket SIM card.
- Check the “Add to offer” box next to the $25 Cricket refill card.
- Click the “Add to cart” button at the bottom of the page.
- Head to your cart to see the final price and checkout as usual.
If you followed the instructions properly, you should see the total prices as listed above for each smartphone. Remember, you don’t actually have to use the Cricket SIM and refill card. You’re buying an unlocked phone, so you can use that phone with any carrier you like which that particular model supports. You can activate the Cricket SIM if you want, or not: it’s totally up to you.
If you want to read the fine print on this deal, click here. Otherwise, click the button below to start the process of buying the LG G7 ThinQ!
November 12, 2018 at 09:07AM