Coolpad has announced the launch of its new budget smartphone – Coolpad Mega 5A. The Mega 5A is an India exclusive smartphone intended for the offline smartphone market in the country.
The Mega 5A is an entry level smartphone, but packs in dual camera, fingerprint sensor, as well as face recognition to unlock the phone.
Coolpad is committed to offer best in class products, feature rich products that are priced right. Running on 8.1 Android Oreo, with a great screen display and a powerful battery life, Coolpad Mega 5A will set another industry benchmark which is tough to match. We have adopted an aggressive channel expansion strategy with offline channel as our primary focus area. India is a key market for Coolpad, and we will be launching a range of products that will cater to wider audience base.
– Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India
Coolpad Mega 5A specifications
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ (1440 x 720) | 18:9 aspect ratio | 2.5D curved glass
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-core Spreadtrum SC9850K | Mali 400 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB; expandable up to 64GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 8MP autofocus primary camera with LED Flash | 0.3MP secondary camera
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Battery: 2500mAh
Available in gold color variant, the Coolpad Mega 5A will retail for a price of 6,999 rupees ($100) and will be available for purchase across eight states in the country – Delhi NCR, Haryana, Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
What are your thoughts on Coolpad’s latest budget smartphone, and would you like to pick one up? Tell us in the comments!
August 16, 2018 at 05:08AM